Here’s how to get started:
What happens next:
CONTRACT FOR SERVICES
THIS AGREEMENT ("Agreement") is made and entered by and between Virtual Litigation Support, LLC (VLS), d/b/a Legal Research Pros, a New Mexico Corporation, and Client (the "Client").
Virtual Litigation Support, LLC agrees to provide services to the Client as outlined herein:
1. The Client hereby contracts with VLS to provide the following services (the "project"): The scope of the project is fully described in the "description" section of Client’s online invoice. Client and VLS agree that at the time of payment of Client’s invoice, the project, as described in the invoice, shall be incorporated herein and become an inseparable part of this contract.
2. The fee for the project will be as follows: Unless otherwise specifically noted in Client’s online invoice, Client’s fee will be paid as a flat-fee.
In circumstances in which Client and VLS agree that the fee will not be a “flat-fee,” this will be explicitly noted in the description section of the online invoice. For such projects, Client’s payment will represent a pre-paid time block for an ongoing hourly project. For ongoing hourly projects, if this initial time block is exceeded, Client agrees to provide additional installment payment(s), in advance, as required by VLS, and agreed by Client, to cover any additional hours necessary to complete the project. The hourly billing rate shall be reflected in the "unit" section of Client’s online invoice.
Client understands and agrees that work on client’s project will not begin until payment has been received and confirmed.
Client and VLS agree that at the time of payment of Client’s invoice, the terms of that invoice shall be incorporated herein and become an inseparable part of this contract.
3.VLS is not a law firm and is not engaged in the practice of law. All work or services performed under this Agreement is done on a third-party contract basis, and all work or services performed under this contract shall be provided "as is." Work product purchased from or otherwise provided by VLS does not constitute legal opinions or legal advice and is prepared solely for review by the Client using VLS. The Client stipulates that the decision whether to utilize or incorporate any services or work performed by VLS is made solely by the Client and that the Client shall be solely liable for the ramifications and consequences of that decision.
4. Client is a licensed attorney and the Client will direct and supervise any research conducted by VLS on Client’s behalf to ensure that the Client comports with the mandates of the legal profession, including but not limited to professional responsibility concerns. In that regard, Client will provide VLS with explicit instructions regarding the work or services to be performed by VLS. These instructions shall include but not be limited to: the legal issues to be researched, any jurisdictional or choice of law issues, and the specific legal sources to be evaluated.
Moreover, Client will conduct a thorough, independent review of the results and product delivered to Client by VLS, and Client will provide VLS any further instructions that Client deems necessary.
5. Any term or provision of this Agreement that is invalid or unenforceable in any situation and in any jurisdiction will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining terms and provisions hereof or the validity or enforceability of the offending term or provision in any other situation or in any other jurisdiction.
6. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the State of New Mexico. Any legal action brought with regard to this Agreement shall be brought only in Bernalillo County, in a court of appropriate jurisdiction within the State of New Mexico. In the event of any litigation, arbitration, or other dispute resolution proceeding arising out of any dispute related to this Agreement, the non-prevailing party will be liable to the other party for all costs, attorney fees, and other expenses incurred by the prevailing party in connection with such proceeding.
7. By Client ticking the box below therefore agreeing to the terms of this contract, Client and VLS agree to be bound by its terms in the same manner as if the parties physically signed this document. In addition, all terms of Client’s online invoice, as referenced herein, shall become an inseparable part of this contract and will be fully binding on the parties